28. 11. – 01.12.2018
Anita Szirota, Félix Á. Debrenti and István Bodnár participated in the Turkish Atlantic Youth Seminar (TAYS) between 28.11. – 01.12. 2018. Tays was organised by Youth Atlantic Treaty Association of Turkey and NATO PDD. Nearly 50 youth participants had the opportunity to take part in this seminar, representing more than 10 member Chapter.
– Presentation about conventional, irregular, and hybrid warfare
Josep Hammon – Journalist
– Presentation about terror organisations (Red Army Brigade, Black Panthers, IRA etc.) during ‘70-80s
– Lecture about the new challenges and the hybrid warfare
Melek Maksudoglu – World Congress of Crimean Tatars
– Discussion about the Crimean Crisis, the Russian propaganda, and the joint hybrid warfare operation of Russia and Turkey
Joseph Hammond – Journalist
– Presentation about the Russian propaganda including touching RT and Sputnik’s work in Western countries
Donara Bajoran – NATO StratCom Center of Excellence in Riga
– Introduction of the different narratives of Russian-Ukrainian relations
Third session: Propaganda and disinformation by YPG and PKK
Hasan Öymez – Anadolu Agency
– “The Western media does not concern PKK as a terror organisation
– He proved the disinformation of PKK by photos and those disinformation were taken place in the Western media
Oktay Bingöl – Baskent University
– How do the social media become a weapon? – The social media can be used for reaching military’s aim in various ways.
-It is hard to select the quality real news due to the mass information.
Fourth session: Weaponization of social media in the Syrian Civil War
Dr. Ali Bakeer – Al Arab Quatar
– usage of drones by terror organisations (Hezbollah, DAESH-ISIS)
– What sort of threats could the technical developments of drones’ cause?
Fifth’s session: An unusual Terror group, early usage of hybrid elements, the FETO case
Prof Michelangelo Guida – Mayis University, Istanbul 29
– History of FETO / PYD and Fetullah Gülen
– Turkey accuses Gülen’s organisation for the military coup of 2016.
– Gülen organisation can be divided to 3 parts: 1, sympathizer, 2, troops (who are part of the army as agents of Gülen) 3, Fetullah Güllen and his close supporters
Ass. Prof. Hüseyin Arsaln – Turkish Police Academy
Translated by Norbert Szépvölgyi